Chelsea Community Church looking for Part-time Pastoral Counselor
Chelsea Community Church, a non-denominational Christian, lay-led, small congregation with a strong commitment to inclusivity, is seeking a clergy person or seminarian to serve as our pastoral counselor. Please note that worship is primarily a function of the lay leadership. The pastoral counselor’s focus is on pastoral care and community building.
The work involves approximately five to 12 hours per week of:
- Attending our Sunday services and the hospitality time that follows (beginning at 12 noon, at St. Peter’s Church, 346 W. 20th Street in Manhattan)
- Being available for pastoral counseling
- Visiting the sick or shut-ins as needed
- Preaching once every six to eight weeks
- Coming to our monthly Board of Trustees meetings (on request)
- Leading a book discussion group before the Sunday service
Our current Pastoral Counselor will be retiring in July 2015 after 11 years of service. We would like to begin discussions and interviewing as soon as possible, for a person to start in September 2015.
To learn more about the congregation or to apply, please contact Paul Bodden, Treasurer and member of the Board of Trustees, at email@example.com or leave a message at 212-886-5463. Our website address is www.chelseachurch.org.