Job Opportunity at NYTS
Job Title: Development Associate II Application
Deadline: Friday, August 18, 2017
Start Date: September 1, 2017
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Vice President for Development and Institutional Advancement
Department: Office of Development and Institutional Advancement
Responsible for: All areas of D&IA
Development Associate II provides administrative support to Senior Administration, works with the Office of Development and Institutional Advancement team, acts as Assistant Secretary to the Board of Trustees, coordinates Development Events and serves as Project Manager for initiatives and grants
Minimum of five years of experience in Development and Institutional Advancement with special attention paid to administrative support to a team. Ability to anticipate the administrative needs of the department; take initiative on projects and self-supervise; ability to write and speak well; mastery of Microsoft Office systems; ability to manage details of event planning.
Bachelor of Arts degree required; Master’s degree in an appropriately related field preferred. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or comparable software system a must. The Development Associate II must be able to work under pressure and to multi-task on time-sensitive projects and initiatives. This position requires strong computer and Internet research skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters required. Must maintain professional aptitude and appearance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executive Administrative support for Senior Management
- Screening calls; managing calendars; making travel, meeting and event arrangements
- Preparing reports and financial data
- Word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations, and filing
- Receiving and directing visitors
- Coordinate information for and generate annual reports:
- Association of Theological Schools (ATS)
- New York State Education Department (NYSED)
- Integrated Post-Secondary Education Data (IPEDS)
- Serve as Assistant Secretary to the Board of Trustees:
- Schedule and prepare Board meeting calendar
- Send notices and reminders on behalf of Executive Office
- Attend Board meetings and record and prepare minutes and board meeting materials including but not limited to annual compilation of board handbook
- Coordinate Board events and Board participation in Seminary events
- Project Manager for Initiatives and Grants
- Will be available to manage grants and special initiatives as assigned by the President or Vice President for Development and Institutional
To apply, please send an email with cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com. No phone calls.
For a PDF version of this job opportunity please click HERE.